My media consumption

Newspapers

  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read? I do not read any type of newspaper
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why? 
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?

Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why/why not? I do not read any type of  magazines 
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?

Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television? I watch tv for approximately 2 hours a day
  • What device do you use to watch television? I use either my laptop or phone to watch tv
  • What times of day do you usually watch television? I watch tv around the afternoon or in the evening 
  • What programmes do you like best and why? I like crime or  mystery programmes to watch
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch? I watch alone, but from time to time I will watch with family or friend and we decide by watching the most trending movies or shows
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?) I do not watch live tv but instead I use apps like Netflix ,either on my phone or laptop 

Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio? No I do not but I am hoping I can start soon 
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
  • Do you listen to podcasts? Yes, but only recently 
  • If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently? Leo Skepi's new podcast called 'aware and aggravated' is the podcast that I am currently listening to 
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio? I only listen to podcast about 2 hour weekly but I am trying to increase this
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio? I listen to podcast about once every tree days
  • Where do you listen to podcast or radio? I listen to podcast online from my phone
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening? I tend to do nothing while listening to podcast as I like to focus on what is being said in the podcast and whether I agree with what is being said or not
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen? No, no one else listens to podcasts within my house

Film
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month? I have watched Barbie in the cinema in the past month 
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming? I have watched many films such as Pride and Prejudice, The Notebook, SWAT, The Great Gatsby, Titanic, The Meg, Parker, Safe
  • Who else watched the films with you? Either my friends or family
  • Who decided what films to watch? We take turns as to who can choose what films to watch
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.? I will wither use my laptop, phone or tv to watch films

Online
  • How often do you access the internet? I use the internet around 4 hours a day 
  • Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc. I use the internet at home and at school as well 
  • What are the main sites that you access? The  main sites I use are Snapchat, TikTok, Google Classroom, Google Docs, Netflix
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment? I use snapchat to communicate with my friends, Google Classroom to find what work I have to complete for school, Google Docs to do the work my teacher have set me ,TikTok and Netflix for entertainment 
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet? I read some books online if I cannot access the actual book 
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet? I use either my phone or laptop to go on these sites 
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular? I use snapchat regularly because it is the easiest to use when it comes to communicating with my friends

Final section: reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume? I can start to use a variety of different apps such as BBC news 
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media? I will try to decrease the amount of time I spend on social media and instead increase the amount I spend on watching movies or listening to podcast as this will help me with media a level
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously. I will go on BBC news app daily, start watching channel 4 shows 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advertising assessment learner response

MIGRAIN: Index

Hesmondhalgh:Cultural Industries